If you access the ABI Website, you may be asked to enter information about yourself or your organisation. This Privacy Statement explains the terms and conditions applicable to the acquisition and use of this information.
Personal information is required before downloading software or documents, or when ordering goods on-line. This information is used internally at ABI and is never disclosed to third parties outside the company, except that it may be used with credit card companies to verify card details and/or approve a transaction.
You do not have to enter any personal information, but you will be unable to perform certain functions such as downloading software or documents, or ordering on-line. If you enter personal information in an on-screen form, the information will only be sent to ABI when you confirm by pressing the appropriate Register Now, Send Order or similar button. If you decide not to proceed with the operation, any partially entered information will be discarded upon leaving the ABI Website.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
ABI Electronics Ltd ("ABI") makes available the ABI Website ("The Site") subject to the terms and conditions described below. If you wish to access The Site, please read these terms and conditions. By accessing The Site and navigating beyond the Home Page you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions. If you do agree with and/or do not wish to be bound by any of the conditions, you are not permitted to access or in any way make use of The Site other than the Home Page.
- 1. When accessing The Site, you are not permitted to use The Site to distribute material, software or information which would either encourage a criminal offence to be committed, or itself constitutes a criminal offence. You are not permitted to distribute material, software or information that would restrict other users of The Site from accessing the full range of information contained in The Site. You are not permitted to use The Site to distribute, transfer, upload or download any software virus or any disruptive type of software, which is intended to cause harm, damage or inconvenience to any computer, whether such computer belongs to ABI or to another user who accesses The Site. If you infringe this condition you agree to indemnify ABI against any claim for damages from any third party, and you agree to finance reasonable legal fees, costs and expenses incurred by ABI in defence of any such claim.
- 2. Any material downloaded from The Site is subject to copyright. You are not permitted to reproduce, copy, duplicate or distribute in any way such material without obtaining permission from the copyright owner(s).
- 3. When ordering products from The Site, you agree that all information entered in on-screen forms, including credit card details, is accurate and complete in all respects. You agree to accept liability for all charges, taxes or fees associated with your chosen payment method. ABI will not accept liability for any such charges incurred by you when making transactions using The Site.
- 4. ABI makes no representation that the information, claims, statements or specifications contained within The Site, either in words or in visual graphics, are factually accurate or valid. Furthermore, ABI makes no claim that any software that is downloaded from The Site is fit for any purpose. Any software, document, file or data in any form downloaded from The Site is made available to you without any form of warranty of any kind. ABI will in no circumstances be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience of any kind, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of the downloading or use of any such software, document, file or data from The Site.
- 5. You are recommended to verify using up to date virus detection software that any software, data, documents or information downloaded from The Site is free of viruses or other disruptive type of software, which is intended to cause harm, damage or inconvenience to any computer. ABI makes every attempt to ensure that the content of The Site is free of such viruses or software, but will in no circumstances accept liability for any damage, which results. By copying a downloaded file onto your own hard disk, floppy disk, CD-ROM or network, you are deemed to be satisfied that the material is virus-free.
- 6. If you do not agree with, are not prepared to be bound by, or are dissatisfied with any of the terms, conditions or policies of ABI with respect to The Site, you are recommended as your sole and exclusive remedy to stop using The Site. By continuing to use The Site you are deemed to have agreed to all the terms and conditions contained within The Site.
- 7. The terms and conditions contained within this agreement constitute in full the agreement between ABI and you relating to your use of The Site. No member of ABI staff has authority to modify, waive or otherwise change any of the terms and conditions contained in this agreement. ABI’s failure to enforce any term or condition shall not be understood to mean that that term or condition has been waived by ABI. If any term or condition is held by a UK court to be invalid or incapable of being applied, such decision shall not effect the remaining terms and conditions in this agreement.
- 8. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.